Once again this semester I am using a learning journal in the Public Relations Research course as a way to a) get students to reflect on their participation in the course and b) for me to gauge if they are grasping course concepts. Upon completion of a course lecture a few weeks past I asked students the following question: “If you could research anything, what would you research?.” Needless to say the answers ranged from serious to humorous to somewhere in between. Here’s a glimpse of some of the responses.
- Are various sports rigged for entertainment purposes?
- Do public or private universities produce more students who get jobs immediately after graduation?
- How WAS Tupac Shakur killed?
- What’s the best diet on a college budget?
- Why is college tuition constantly rising?
- Whether or not UFO’s really exist.
- Why most college students are not interested in church or Christian activities.
Needless to say I enjoyed reading their responses. Some of them were quite the shocker. But now it’s your turn to participate, so I ask, “If you could research anything, what would you research?”.