Today my public speaking students gave a short 1 1/2 to 2 minute speech using the theme “Taking college classes in the summer is like…” Students focused on time and content. Below are some of the analogies they devised.
- Like ripping off a band-aid. It hurts.
- Attending basic training for the military.
- Planning a wedding in a month. You’re going to be frazzled and have some sleepless nights, but it’ll be worth it.
- Being stuck in traffic in Atlanta. You know it’s going to happen, so just suck it up.
- Having a temporary job. You know you need the extra cash, or in this case, college credit.
- Unloading trucks for 12 hours. You don’t look forward to it, but the money is good.
- Being back in high school because you have class everyday.
What was/is taking summer classes in college like for you?