As many universities are approaching the end of the semester, they all have one thing in common–students looking to get some money during buy back week. Approximately two weeks ago I asked the question to professionals and professors “Which PR course textbooks should students keep?” I was pleasantly surprised and shocked by some of the responses.
- Law & Ethics
- Writing and/or Media course
- A course of specific interest to your desired field
In regards to specific PR textbooks, responses included:
- AP Stylebook (hard copy or online subscription)
- Handbook of Public Relations
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- Effective Public Relations
- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
- Full Frontal PR
Additional comments varied from don’t keep any of your PR books due to the evolving nature of the profession, to subscribing to various RSS feeds. Check out the comments for yourself. Thanks to all who responded.
Any additional books or courses you would add? All suggestions welcomed.